baby
baby

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moment of Zen

Life is always going, going, going.

When there are rare moments of Zen, they're precious.

It looks like my MIL and FIL are finally going to sell their beautiful vacation condo in Nor.folk, VA where T and I went on our "babymoon" of sorts, before E was born last year. It's a gorgeous apartment with large windows that overlook the ocean. We had the windows open all the time, even though it was April, because it was so warm. The apartment was constantly filled with delicious ocean air. We watched ships moving back and forth across the landscape, walked along the boardwalk, walked to the next town over for coffee.... Walked, walked, walked. If I could pick one place where right now in my life, I feel most relaxed, and most like a carefree adult, it's there. (Of course, we missed D like crazy and talked to him every day on the phone, but still.)

They've been talking about selling for years, but they've finally come to a place where it no longer makes sense for them to keep two houses. They just don't get enough use out of it. I know these things. I'm still sad though. I'm sad for them, because they love it too, and I'm sad at the thought of losing my Zen place.

There's not enough Zen going around these days.

No comments: