baby
baby

Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring cleansing

Spring is in the air here in the Northeast! It's a beautiful, breezy Friday and we're going to take a walk this afternoon. :) That makes me very happy.

Here are some updates for you, since I know you've been waiting eagerly for me to post. ;)

*D is a WAY better 3.5 year old than 3 year old. I've heard from a lot of people that the "first half" of each year is tougher than the second. He still has his moments, but for the most part, he amazes me almost on a daily basis with his sweetness.

*E is doing great. She is a little ray of sunshine, pretty much all the time. She's very seldom grumpy, and it's a joy to be her mom.

*Las.ik consultations in January= no go. I am not a candidate for Las.ik right now based on the severity of my astig.matism. I can only hope that over the next few years the lasers will get more advanced so they can handle me. I'm a little bummed that I stopped nursing E, in part, so that I could have this surgery, but at the same time, with the supply issues I was having, it might have been a blessing in disguise.

*T and I just started this wacky cleansing diet on Tuesday. (Still struggling to get off and KEEP off those last few pounds of baby weight, and then some!) The claim is that you can lose 12-15 pounds or more in 17 days. I'm not usually a fad diet girl, but I figured this can be like a detox before starting to eat more carefully. Eating healthy foods is always easier as the weather improves because more delicious produce is available, and at better prices! I'll let you know if I'm still standing after 17 days.

*I appreciate the feedback on my last post. I did end up starting my money-saving blog up again. The main store I'm covering is regional, so if you're not from around here, those posts won't be of interest. However, if you'd like to visit my site for the other tips I'll be giving, or for the links to good coupon and deal websites, you can e-mail me at Wheresmywhitepicketfence@Hotmail.com and I'll send you the web address.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Also glad to hear the second half is easier since my son just turned 2 :) I am still nursing my daughter who is 9 1/2 months but she is refusing a bottle the last few tries so we are starting a sippy cup which she loves...I think we will be weaning in the next 4-8 wks.

Sorry you didn't get the LASIK yet :(

Kelley