baby
baby

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Doctor's appointments

This week I finally had my two doctor's appointments. The first was on Tuesday with the high risk doctor.

Details from High Risk doc:
1. Re-tested anticardiolipin levels to see if they are still elevated. (results are not back yet)
2. Tested for thyroid issues. Normal.
3. Tested blood sugar. Normal.
4. Decided not to put me on Hep.arin because it's a pretty heavy-duty drug (and a twice daily injection) and she doesn't think I need more than baby aspirin.
5. Suggested that I get an ultrasound every 4-6 weeks after 20 weeks if/when I do get pregnant again to check for any blood clots forming. (Awesome!!) The reason for this is because of the potential threat of late term loss due to clotting issues. (Not awesome.)
6. Suggested I can start taking baby aspirin right now, and take it daily through 36 weeks of pregnancy. (Taking it longer can lead to going past your due date.) ***See note below

The second "follow-up" appointment with the fertility doc (Doctor N) was today.

Details from Doctor N:
1. Reviewed blood test results that are back from Tuesday.
2. Reviewed appointment with the high risk doc.
3. Got the go-ahead to try on our own again this cycle. If I get preggo I will go on progesterone again, this time after I get a positive pregnancy test.
4. Dr. N suggested that if we don't get preggo this cycle, we should try Clo.mid next cycle. He said that he has had great success with Clo.mid for people like me - with symptoms of PCOS and low progesterone/lots of spotting prior to the crimson b**ch. It helps the body to produce its own progesterone.
5. ***Dr. N disagrees with high risk doc about the timing of the baby aspirin. (He says: "Getting you pregnant is our department. Keeping you pregnant is hers." :) ) According to Dr. N, the baby aspirin can interfere with ovulation and inplantation, so I'll start taking it after I get preggo.
6. Dr. N agrees that ultrasounds every 4-6 weeks after 20 weeks to check for clots is a good idea. (Yay!)


The long and the short of it is that I'm hoping we don't even have to think about the clo.mid. I've lost a total of about 7 pounds so far since my appointment with Dr. N, and I've upped my exercise. I feel like a perfect house for a little being. I'm very optimistic about this cycle. I'd like to say that I won't be disappointed if I don't get pregnant, but I'd be lying... 'Course, I haven't even ovulated yet, so I'm putting the cart before the horse, but you know... :) Let's go, T's men!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, I hadn't heard that about the baby aspirin...guess I will stop taking it then...eek!

Good luck!

Wifezzilla said...

Good luck! Now all you need to do is get pregnant for Operation Preggo to go into effect.

Amy said...

I'm wishing and hoping and praying that this month is THE month!

Stacie said...

I hope more than anything that this will be YOUR month. Sounds like you have a plan in place, which is probably somewhat comforting.

Good luck and elevate those hips!!!

Karen said...

Very, very cool. It's great to know that you're healthy and that if/when you get lucky and start a baby, you'll be getting top notch care. I love the frequent ultrasounds. With my youngest, I got an ultrasound at every visit because the blood test showed some problems. They first thought the baby had a neural tube defect (scary), then realized that the high AFP was caused when the placenta attached right on top of a uterine fibroid (still scary, but not as much). Long story short, the baby was fine and the upside was that I had lots of ultrasounds.

I really hope you get pregnant this month. I've never rooted for a stranger's sperm before, but I will now.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I am praying for you!

Azaera said...

Good luck! I like the "perfect house for a little being" line that was cute.

Fumbling towards Motherhood said...

Best of luck this month :) And wow 7 pounds Congrats, that's awsome. You go girl!