baby
baby

Monday, November 10, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

Well, the title pretty much says it... I'll admit that I couldn't wait to test until today. I tested on Friday and got a veeeeery faint positive. I tested again this morning with a digital test and got a fairly quick positive reading.

I'm excited, but at the same time I'm trying to keep myself grounded. Although I know it's a longshot, I still have the fear that my HCG levels might be elevated from the miscarriage rather than a new embryo since I never tested after my miscarriage. I'll feel a lot better in a week or so if I still haven't gotten my period.

I had some cramping last night, which I was sure was a sign that I was going to miscarry early (and so it begins) but after consulting Dr. Google it seems that cramping can just mean that my uterus is stretching.

Now only 4 or 5 more weeks to wait for the ultrasound to find out if there's a real baby in there! Piece of cake, right?

3 comments:

april said...

congratulations! As hard as it is to not worry, try to stay positive and enjoy this new pregnancy! Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust :)

Sushilover said...

Congrats!! Wishing you the best with this pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I think if you are getting a positive digi, that is some good proof right there. You can always do another regular test, just to watch the line get darker.

I had cramps that felt like AF coming the first few weeks of this pregnancy, so I think that is very normal. (And later got different cramps also due to uterus stretching)

So excited for you!