baby
baby

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Due date

Today is baby Grey's due date. I thought I would have a harder time with the day, but I'm really doing okay. I guess that's because today isn't the day I lost Grey. Really, that was months and months ago, and I've already had time to grieve. My husband said to me today, "will this help with closure for you?" I told him that I honestly don't know if there will be a year when I don't think about Grey on March 26th. I don't cry all the time anymore, though. I don't even think about the babies every day really. Today is my day though. This is the day when I'll remember that Grey should be here and he/she isn't.

To remember Grey, we went out and bought some balloons and I wrote a short note on one of them. We went onto the back porch and released them into the sky. Each year I'm sure it will get a little easier, and I may not always feel the need to commemorate the day in such a way... but for this year, that's what I needed to do.



6 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm sorry, She. I hope this will get easier with each year that passes.

(((HUGS)))

Fumbling towards Motherhood said...

What a beautiful gesture...your angels are lucky to have you.

Karen said...

It does get easier. It's never a happy thing, but it's not always the sharp stabbing pain that it is early on. I wish you luck in the future, and you have my sincere condolances on your loss.

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))
That is a beautiful tribute.

gallerygirl said...

What a lovely way to remember your baby. :::big hugs:::

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) I think that was a beautiful way to remember Grey.