baby
baby

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The home stretch

I'm getting over the hump now. You know - the one where one side is the "if the baby arrives" and the other side is the "when the baby arrives."

I can hardly believe that in two days, I'll be 26 weeks. That milestone has been in my head for a while. 26 weeks is when this kid is going to have an 80% chance of survival if it has to be born early for any reason. I'm so ecstatic to be here. 28 weeks brings us up to about a 96% chance of survival. Although I want to keep this baby cooking for as long as I can, I'm starting to feel like we're on the home stretch.

Of course...

That means that we're getting really close to the looooong sleepless nights, and the BFing struggles, and the hours of crying for no particular reason. (The baby, not me... although I'll probably be crying a lot too if the first baby is any indication!)

And then I look at my son, and I think to myself that if this little person turns out to be half as amazing and sweet as he is, all the trying, all the failing, the miscarriages, the doctors' appointments and testing, the yeast infections and progesterone, the sleeplessness and crying... All of that will be worth it.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

and yet another great milestone! How far you've come, Lucky - and the closer you are to having another lil' precious babe like D :) Did you mention you weren't going to post any belly shots? cuz I don't remember seeing any! :)

CeCe said...

Hooray for the home stretch! Very exciting. :)

Dawn said...

Isn't it amazing to realize how far you've gotten? I am so very happy for you!!!

Me said...

Hooray for the home stretch! I guess you, Dawn, CeCe and I are there now! Yay for us! :)

Stacie said...

YAY YAY YAY for this most awesome milestone.

You have come so far and are so very strong.

cheryllookingforward said...

Congratulations on WHEN!!! It's such a great feeling to have some confidence.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another milestone!

Your last paragraph mirrors the way I feel about my son and this little girl I am carrying, due in 8 wks :)

Kelley

LuckyOnce said...

So excited for you Kelley! If you have a chance, send me your e-mail so I can respond when you comment!

Shawn said...

Aw, congrats on almost being 26 weeks!! That's so awesome!!

Dan & Hillary said...

The countdown in on! The 3rd trimester is the longest because you're SO close to the end.

Thx for the links for the coupons sites. I'll check them out:-)

Stacie said...

Is everything okay? I start to worry when you haven't posted in a while.

- Stacie