baby
baby

Monday, May 24, 2010

Pink

I've been holding out on you...

Truth is, I found out at my first regular OB appointment after the amnio that we're having a

GIRL!

I'm so, so thrilled, and it's been a pain to refer to the baby as "it" or "the baby" on here, so there ya go... We are also telling everyone in our real lives that we know the sex already. Just easier that way.

D doesn't completely get the whole concept of the fact that a baby will be coming to live with us, but he does often ask me when I pat my tummy, "you have a sister in your belly?" He also says hi to my tummy randomly, so maybe he gets it more than I think. :)

I'm 32 weeks and 3 days today. I had a long ultrasound today which the OB's office called a "survey" ultrasound, where they took a look at all of her organs again, just to check for any red flags one more time. Unfortunately, they weren't able to see all of the chambers of the heart because she was turned the wrong direction (and the heart was also what they were having trouble viewing during the Lev.el II Ultrasound) so I was kind of bummed. However, both u/s techs said that they didn't see anything that raised any red flags, so hopefully we just have an uncooperative baby when it comes to viewing the heart. (We know it has 4 chambers... They were able to see that at the lev.el II, so that's reassuring!)

I'm feeling really good still. I had a little bit of swelling in my ankles last weekend (for the first time during this pregnancy) after a long day of yardwork and such, but I'm hoping that was just because of all the standing and walking around that day.

My blood pressure at the doctor's office today was 120/80. BOO! It seems that it may be creeping up, although it's still in the "normal" range right now. I was told to try to always lie on my left side, drink lots of water, and avoid sodium as much as possible. I'm going to try to pay more attention to all of those things and hope that I can keep that BP down!

In other news, as of the last two weeks, it would appear that I've popped...





11 comments:

Caz said...

Ah a girl.. lovely news.

I'd say 120/80 is great. As for laying on the left, it's all fair and well them suggesting it but it's harder to actually do it.. I won't lie!
You're certainly blooming and looking great!

Stacie said...

So that's why you avoided the question every time you were asked if you knew the baby's gender!

Congratulations!!!

Glad to hear that everything is still going well with her. You look great by the way.

Ibis said...

"A sister in your belly," how cute is that! You look great :)

CeCe said...

A girl! Very exciting.

You look great. Not big at all- lucky you! :)

Dawn said...

Wow another baby girl!!!! Go Team Pink!!! Happy to hear you are doing well!

Karen said...

Oh that's so great! I'm so happy for you. And you look GREAT, by the way! I never looked that good pregnant.

Anonymous said...

You look great!Congrats on having a little girl!

I have a little boy and am also having a girl....I am due in a week and a half. My son pats my belly too lol ;)

Kelley

Me said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! That is so exciting! Oh, and congratulations on finally looking pregnant! ;) So so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, you take care of yourself!! Everyone's also telling me, eat plenty of protein, stay off caffeine (even chocolate - which gives me a headache anyway), avoid sugar. Whatever it takes...! You look great!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE popped! You look gorgeous!

YAYYYYYYYY for your little girl ;p

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your girl! Are you going out and buying pink girly things?
You look great!
Btw, I wonder what young kids really do think about pregnancy and new babies and all that. I think *I* had a hard time grasping the concept that there was truly a real live baby in my belly and I'm in my 20s. ;)