baby
baby

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Got milk?

I'm sure that when my husband married me, he was not counting on being told about my spontaneous lactation, mid-pregnancy. But, as you may have guessed, in the past week, I had a couple of episodes of very slight leaking, following a strange, slightly painful sensation in one boob or the other. (I remember this vaguely from my short breastfeeding experience with D as that feeling of "letdown.") Of course, I had to share this news with my husband. He can thank me later.

I had my 29 week appointment on Wednesday, and everything is still peachy. Baby is practice breathing already, which is totally cool. It didn't want to move on the u/s screen for the tech, so she used this little buzzer thing on my belly (which vibrates and makes a loud noise to the baby). Clearly indignant over being tazed, the little one did a dance for the tech and the tech was satisfied. Baby is still breech, but I'm still not terribly worried. There's lots of time to turn.

My pudgy "I'm not pregnant, just fat" belly is finally rounding out, and I'm starting to feel like I might look pregnant, although I still haven't had one stranger ask me when I'm due. (That's when you know you look official.) I'm still able to sleep on my back pretty comfortably, which I'm allowing myself to do. When I do turn to the side, I make an effort to make it my left side, just to even the score.

I know this weekend is Mother's Day, but truthfully, I'm looking forward to celebrating my son, and how lucky I am to have him, as well as being thankful for his little sibling. Keep on growing, little one.

7 comments:

Me said...

I'm glad things are going so well...milk and all! :)

(which is completely normal!)

Wendy said...

keep on growing! ;) enjoy your mother's day weekend!

Stacie said...

Woo hoo on the excellent appointment yet again! I hope you have a nice Mother's Day on Sunday.

Dawn said...

Happy you are doing well. I luckily haven't suffered from leaking yet, but can't say I'd mind if I did. Almost like reassurance.

Caz said...

So glad the appt went well, tazers and all.
As for leakage - It's one of the joys huh? I've already invested in breast pads..
Have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well!

Have a great Mother's Day weekend....I am going to enjoy my little guy as well before his sister makes an appearance within the next month :)

Kelley

CeCe said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Happy to hear another positive update on things with you. :)