baby
baby

Monday, January 12, 2009

Avoiding stress

I babysit for a friend's son once a week while she goes to a therapy session. This week she told me that her therapist told her that she doesn't have enough time for herself, and that's why she's so stressed out.

This woman is a great person, and a good mom to her three boys. I met her through a mother's group of which we're both members, and she frequently urges me to sign up for all of the activities they offer and volunteer for different committees and events.

I haven't been to any of the events yet, but I do bring my son to a playgroup once a week, plus, my friend's son is about the same age as my son, so they play on a weekly basis when I babysit for him as well. I have other commitments during the week, plus I've had a lot of doctor's appointments lately because of the pregnancies and miscarriages.

I found myself sitting listening to her tell me how stressed out she is and thinking, okay, so why would I want to sign up for all these events, committees and activities if you're telling me that they stress you out?? Also, is it so hard to believe that I actually enjoy my time at home alone with my son? :) Hmmmmm...

2 comments:

Azaera said...

Haha sounds like she is creating lots of stress. I love being at home with my son. What better way to relax than to snuggle with your little one?

Amy said...

I think those that take on everything want everyone else to do the same thing so they can commiserate. Doing a little makes you feel good; doing too much means you do nothing well and end up feeling used. I'm glad you have your priorities straight!