I'm totally psycho when it comes to word verifications on other people's blogs. When gallerygirl was newly pregnant, I got "ovelit" (as in, "the oven is lit" ala "there's a bun in the oven") as a word verification on her blog, and it had me convinced that either she or I was pregnant. (It turned out she was, and still is!) There have been many other times when the word verifications have seemed meaningful in some way - like they were predicting the future or something. (Yes, I already know I'm crazy, thankyouverymuch.)
So I'm in my two week wait. I keep waiting for those stupid word verifications to start taking on some meaning, but, nothing... Same old crap. Nonsense words. (Shocking, isn't it?)
In spite of all this, I'm optimistic. I'm hoping that if we don't get preggo this cycle, the clo.mid will help next time. (I'm all about having things to look forward to.) Meanwhile, I'm very, very eager to be pregnant. So here's what I've done over the past few days*:
1. Eaten tunafish (only chunk light, so less mercury)
2. Eaten deli meat (Listeriosis! Ack!)
3. Had wine (Fetal alcohol syndrome! Gasp!)
4. Licked the beater after making cookie dough (Raw egg... eek!)
5. Cleaned out the cat's litterbox (Toxoplasmosis! Oh no!)
6. Cleaned the shower (Oh, the fumes!)
7. Stood within 10 feet of the microwave while it was on (Radiation! Deformity!)
After a weekend like that of potential hazards to a developing blastocyst, it's a virtual lock that I'm going to be pregnant when I pee on a stick, right?
*I'm not trying to make light of being careful about what you put in your body when you're pregnant. I followed ALL of these rules every time I was pregnant. However, I'm just trying to say that it's Murphy's Law that things happen when you don't expect them to.
Mengatasi Aborsi Aman
2 years ago