Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

One of my coping mechanisms is planning ahead to the next step.

I've already said that I want to start TTC again right away.

However.

Now I'm getting cold feet. There are so many factors. One is waiting for my period. There's no telling when it will show up. From experience, it's been just under 5 weeks and just under 6 weeks. Another (connected with when my period shows up) is the doctor's appointments I have scheduled.

My appointment with Dr. N is the last week of July, and Dr G (the new specialist) is the second full week of August. I almost definitely won't have gotten my period by the time I see Dr. N, but I may well get it before my appointment with Dr. G.

I'm planning to start Clomid during the next cycle when we TTC. The complicated part is that we need to decide by day 3 of my cycle if we're going to start the Clomid or not (as all of you Clomid veterans know.) The biggest problem with that is that I don't know if Dr. G is going to want to run any tests that require my body to be clean of all those awesome hormones.

I'm not good at waiting. Then again, I'd definitely prefer to have a baby one month later than lose another one because of something that turns out to be treatable if I had just waited one more month.

So I look to you, oh wise bloggers... What would you do? Any insight on tests they might run and whether I will have to be drug free for them to work?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Even though time is your enemy I would wait. I've not been reading your blog long enough to how hard it was for you to get pregnant. But it seems that since you've been able to get pregnant 4 times, so there's strong reason to believe that you can do it again. If waiting a month could give your baby a better chance to survive then it's worth it to wait.

Christa said...

I chose to wait until I see the specialist before trying again. I figured I would lose more time if I miscarried again, than if I just waited for the appointment to come. I also needed time to heal my heart and mind before trying again. But everyone is different, you have to follow your heart and do what feels right.

Dawn said...

My first thought would be to wait. I had 11 vials of blood drawn for all my tests and I imagine the Clomid has a chance of interfering with something. I'm sure you will do what is best for you.

Wendy said...

I agree with the ladies above - I think I would wait as well to give the 'best chance' I can to the next baby - I'm not good with the waiting game either but in my case I guess it helps that I haven't gotten AF back yet AND I am still waiting to hear back on my referral. Good luck and follow your gut instinct