baby
baby

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I just want to get this show on the road

I took another test this morning and got another negative. Then I got some red spotting later on as well. ON progesterone. (The nurse told me the progesterone would keep me from getting my period, although I had read a few things on the internet about that not always being the case.) Well, SOMEONE has to be the exception to the rule, right?

I called the doctor's office and asked if I could stop the progesterone today and not bother with the blood test because honestly, if I'm going to get my period, I'd rather just get it, you know? They told me to continue, but that I could come in for the blood test today instead of tomorrow. So after D wakes up from his nap, we'll troop off to the lab and do our duty.

By the way, I LOVE the fertility doctor's nurse (same office but different nurse than my regular OB's nurse.) She gets it. She totally gets it, and didn't make me feel like a nutcase for calling again. I actually told her that we might take a month off to avoid Chris.tmas but that I would like to have an appointment with the doctor to ask some questions, and she said that was totally fine.

So anyway, I'm not expecting to have anything interesting to report after the blood work, but I appreciate the support.

4 comments:

Donnamarie x said...

well ill be keeping my fingers crossed for you !
De-lurking here - incase ur wondering who the hell i am !! lol. xx

Anonymous said...

Yes, you still do progesterone while spotting, you only stop once you get full flow. And I've done progesterone 4 cycles now and always get my period like clockwork, even though they told me it would delay my period...ha....

Sorry for your pre-period :(
Don't you hate that we have to get bloodwork for a pregnancy test? Well, I guess it's saved me money on hpt's.

Amy said...

(((hugs))) I'm still hoping for you.

gallerygirl said...

I had some slit spotting this time on the progesterone. I think it turned out to be implantation spotting... crossing my fingers for you to have a nice surprise!